Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Addictedtodom

I finally had my first test shoot with Ed Maximus. I was really excited to finally be in front of the camera. I love photographers that give you feedback while still letting you move and be free of restrictions. Shooting was a breeze, we put together super simple casual looks for a basic test shoot and Ed decided to have to MUA/hairstylist wet my hair. This being the first time I'd ever shot with my hair wet, it made me a bit weary, but it ended up being something different and great for my book. Everything was kept very natural and soft. Before the shoot Ed had told me to come a bit early so he could try shooting something with me. When I arrived I found out he wanted to shoot me for a series he's doing. Every model he shoots for the series wears a particular long sleeve turtlekneck top or dress. Neji also has taken part in this series. It's very interesting. Each girl so far has had a totally different emotion shown through the pictures. For mine Ed decided to cover all of my hair and have me in very bendy, sculpture-like positions. Most of the time when something feels very uncomfortable and ugly to you, it creates something beautiful or a moment on camera. I love the photos and I'm super excited to add them to my book. Be on the lookout for more work from us.
Below are some of the final images from the shoot. The first four are from the Turtle Kneck series. Enjoy!

Xoxo Dom




                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment