Saturday, July 12, 2014

Catch My Eye

For me there aren't a huge amount of photographers that catch my eye. Don't get me wrong there is a huge amount of talent out there, especially in New York City, but when a photographer catches my eye it's usually something that sets them apart from the pack. Whether it be their personal aesthetic, editing style, personal shooting style, or their story (background). Ed Maximus was definitely one of those people for me. Originally it wasn't his fashion photography that drew me in. I really love his nude and artistic work. The area on his webside titled "Personal Works" is very intriguing. When a photo is more than one dimention and visually stimulating, it's very exciting. It makes you feel. Ultimately I think every photographer hopes to accomplish this sooner or later, and I believe Ed has it. To top it all off he's a super down to earth nice guy who truly loves what he does. Someone I hope to keep working with in the future.

I was super excited when I finally got the chance to work with Ed on July 3rd. I styled a test shoot for him. The beautiful model was Meghan Wiggins from One Model Management. The amazing team was hairstylist Nigella, @hairbystylistnigella and MUA Angelina, @angelinaangelina on Instagram. The day was relaxed and the conversation was great. Definitely a shoot to remember. Thanks Ed!
Below are a few final images from the shoot.
Enjoy xoxo,

Dom

No comments:

Post a Comment